Friday, January 24, 2014

I rode an elephant

My host parents took me to the Thai Festival (Don-tae-dee). It was an amazing cultural experience. As we approached the gate, I saw a promoter with a young elephant, and I got so excited! As I pulled out my camera, my host mom gestured for me to hustle up because this was nothing to see, and she was right! As we entered, there was so much more to see. The festival was filled with lots of food, lots of games, lots of music, lots of clothes, lots of performances, huge elephants, elephant fights, and elephant rides. We ate a lot, played a few games, won some great prizes (not teddy bears, try kitchen appliances!), I bought a couple souvenirs to send home, and I got to ride an elephant with my host mom. It was amazing. I took a few pictures and captured some of the action on video, but mostly, I just really enjoyed myself.





No comments:

Post a Comment